Sunday, September 24, 2006

My Film in SF Latino Film Fest

Hey all I just got some great news! The Last Word just got accepted to the San Francisco International Latino Film Festival!!!! Nov 15, 7pm. I'll let you know when I get more information but hopefully those of you who are in California can make it out finally!!!! YAY!!!! I will be on a panel about hip hop and politics aparently. I needed some good news, its been a rough week.
Its so interesting to have worked so hard for so long (about a year ago I started this project) and be able to look back and see how far I have come. I sometimes cringe looking at my work realizing there are still things I would love to change and could make better but I suppose thats the reason I have to do more projects: growth and progress. And to do this work with the help and support of such an overworked and underpaid community...I hope to one day be a vehicle for giving recognition to those communities that have supported me. Much love, Maya

No comments: