Friday, July 13, 2007

Whats up




Here are some events that I will be a part of that are coming up:

-Sat,July 21st "Bomba" (fundraiser for Galeria de La Raza) at Cellspace
-Sat, August 10 "Pinta tu Propio Mundo" at Galeria de la Raza : with
Lorna Dee Cervantes
Opal Palmer Adisa
Mamacoatl
Las Manas
Maceo Cabrera
Leticia Hernandez Linares
featured visual artist: Chamindika

-Tuesday, August 28 Lunada at Galeria Featuring Maya Chinchilla (thats me!) and Uchechi Kalu
By then I will have a version of my chap book to sell. I just finished a workshop with Willie Perdomo through an amazing organization called VONA Voices and I'm feelin a need to be a published poet.

And that project I've been talking about called Picturing Immigration will be on Aug 24 or 25th at a location to be determined (we'll be hammering out the details this weekend)

I hope you are all doing well. I'm finishing up some of the final details of graduate school and looking for work, working on some video projects(keep your eyes and ears open for "Mi Vida Yoga" and "Amor Cubano") and have been giving myself some time to focus on working as an artist while I work out the details of what is next.

No comments: